Saturday, 12 October 2013

"Whose face do you see?"

Necklace: Clothes Show Live
Cardigan: New Look
Vest: Primark
Skirt with DIY lace trim: Matalan
Petticoat: Matalan
Trainers: Converse, TK Maxx


Boy, it got really cold really fast, didn't it? I think this will have to be my last summery look.

My mum and I went shopping today and in TK Maxx we bumped into a family friend who made me think twice about my biochemistry back-up uni choice. So for now I'm just applying to the dental schools so I have more time to research back-up choices with actual job prospects by January, the deadline for non-medicine/dentistry/Oxbridge courses. And then I bought a red hat. I don't know what kind of hat it is, but it looks a bit like a tyrolean.

All this flapping about with my back-up choice makes me want to get onto a dentistry course even more. If you asked me two weeks ago, I'd tell you that if the dental schools don't want me, I'd immediately give up on that career and go into biochemistry instead. Now I'm not so sure. I hear good things from everyone about gap years.

Well anyway, educational anguishes aside, look out for a tutorial of how to add lace trim to a skirt that's coming soon, and have a great weekend despite the crappy weather!

20 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour palette :) Somehow combining summer and autumn feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just a last little bit of summer because it's been chucking it down all weekend round here, ha xD

      Delete
  2. How does Biochemistry have "no actual job prospects"? I struggle to see how such a rapidly developing field which is proving highly important in so many fields could fail to offer someone passionate in the field a career in opportunity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HICHARLIE<3
      I'm not denying its importance or speed of development. This country is the best it gets for biological sciences, and I'm sure I would find it interesting. But I'm not cut out for the instability of short research contracts, and I don't want to rely on luck. There are too many really talented people and not enough jobs. Talking to our family friend made me realise that maybe I'd be better off going for a vocational degree for a job in service. I really wish I was interested in engineering but I can't make myself like it xD

      Delete
  3. May have to invest in a petticoat. And some skirts to wear it under :) Beautiful colours here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly suggest it. I love the feeling of a big flouncy skirt!

      Delete
  4. Ahh I love that skirt, the print is just gorgeous! And your choker DIY looks so nice, I would try it out but I don't like the feeling of things touching my neck haha but nevertheless, it looks really pretty.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wearing chokers does take getting used to because it is weird having something right up to your neck xD

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful outfit :) Amazing style ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit, I love how you can see the lace peeking through!

    Undeniably, me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably be posting the DIY next week some time :3

      Delete
  7. Ooh I would Love a tutorial on adding lace trim - it would so elevate so many of my skirts and dresses!

    Gorgeous skirt - love it with those Chucks :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is! http://undercoverdressuplover.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/how-to-add-lace-trim-to-skirt.html

      Delete
  8. amazing :D

    can you visit me ? WIdać że poświęcasz sporo czasu na bloga, bardzo mnie to cieszy :)
    Genialne, posty i powalające stylizacje.

    http://passionetdelamode.blogspot.fr/2013/10/lautomne-est-venir.html

    and follow in facebook ?

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passion-et-de-la-mode/571447592918659

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is SO cute! You look gorgeous, I love this whole outfit. I love autumnal dressing - the more layers the better in my opinion xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...